originally part of http://mertens3d.com/blog/?p=224
- material – tile – percent missing(?) – doesn’t seem to make logical sense.
- When xrefing a new material in, load the material so that we don’t have to manually reload the xref object (auto reload does not do it)
- Fix the slow interface if UNC root is illegal
- Tile – 1/2 running bond is 1/3 running bond. running bond is 1/2 running bond. these items are named wrong
- When xrefing a material, allow the material to be selected from the list by first character (like a typical dialog). The type in portion does not seem to work at all. It should probably work like a filter (similar to the object selection dialog)
- xref material – Can’t paste in a file path to the “File Name:” input.
- Often (but not always?) when selecting on a new material slot in the Material Editor, a large scale version of the material will pop up. I don’t want that. It just slows down the interface.
- When assigning a new xref material, I shouldn’t have to reload the xref object in order for the material to view correctly…but I do (currently)
- Reload Xref Materials (Object) via maxscript – locks up file. This has been going on for several versions now.
- What happened to Get Material By Selection?
- Falloff – Falloff Type: Distance Blend, Falloff Direction: Viewing Direction (Camera Z-Axis) – doesn’t work in xref materials. It appears that the camera location is replaced by 0,0,0