hatch22-2012 has been released. You can find it here.
hatch22-2012 is a ‘pay as you like’ addin utility (dll) for Autodesk’s Revit 2012/ 2013.
It helps you create model and drafting fill patterns (hatch patterns) by drawing a template for the pattern directly in Revit.
- automatically check for the existence of the hatch22 line styles and prompt if needed
- error check – make sure a max of 4 lines (creating a rectangle) are used for the boundary. No irregular shapes.
- name the ‘make subcategories’ button something more legible
- incorporate metric units
- create example videos
- force client use of drafting views (if not already done)
- create videos
- demonstrate how to debug drafting patterns with scale set to full
- warn for saving empty pat files
- warn that the routine is cancelling when lines are too short
- fix type “Continous” in hatch pattern (typo)
- on lines too short warning (and others), let the user know that the restriction is imposed by Revit, not hatch22.
- add error checking for. “Autodesk.revit.exceptions.invalidObjectException: The referenced object is not valid, …” – this error is triggered by opening a rvt file, starting hatching hatch22, closing the rvt file but leave hatch22 open, then reopening the original file and selecting ‘make hatch from selection’. If users get this error they can simply close and restart hatch22 to fix.
- add error check for: “system.nullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. This is similar to the error above. It is triggered by launching hatch22 from one rvt, then changing the active file and trying to run via “make hatch from selection”. Work around: close and restart hatch22